Forum closed. Read only permissions.

Moderator: Moderators

daison3
Human
Human
Noob?: No

[Guide] Ubuntu Linux - Multiple Openkore.pl to your Terminal

#1 Post by daison3 »

Well, some of openkore users uses Linux Distro, which it is lesser usage of RAM than windowsOS, but it is much usage to our HDD/Hard Drive

This guide, will show you up, on how to create a LAUNCHER to your Ubuntu 11.04(Current) Version. I'm around 1year+ to use Ubuntu Linux OS to my Notebook, and I want to guide other Ubuntu users to minimize the usage of their Hard Drive.

How to install Openkore To your Ubuntu Linux:
http://ragnabotko.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... buntu.html

The link above, is guide to install Openkore to your Ubuntu, but how do we lesser the usage of our Hard Drive?...

Requirements:
Openkore Ready - http://openkore.collectskin.com/

-After the download was done, then you need to open your Text-Editor, or gedit
-then paste this codes

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Ragnarok Bot
Comment=Openkore Launcher
Exec=
Icon=gnome-terminal
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Name[en_US]=BotName1

-we need to configure the Exec= above, and we need to use the gnome-terminal, to execute our TERMINAL Application
Exec=gnome-terminal

-we also need to input our Bot Directory, assuming we will use our Desktop with the Openkore Folder, to concatenate the SPACE, we need to make the "Openkore Folder" string to Openkore\ Folder which it has "\+space"
--working-directory=/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/

-how about to insert a COMMAND to our gnome-terminal? We need to use the --command to input a console command.
--command perl\ openkore.pl\

-and lastly, what if I want to use a MULTIPLE CONTROL FOLDER for my OPENKORE? That is to add the default openkore paremeters.
--control="/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/MyCustomControlFolder/mybot1"

THE FULL CODE:

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Ragnarok Bot
Comment=Openkore Launcher
Exec=gnome-terminal --working-directory=/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/ --command=perl\ openkore.pl\ --control="/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/[b]MyCustomControlFolder[/b]/mybot1"
Icon=gnome-terminal
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Name[en_US]=BotName1
-then key-down CTRL+S and make it NAME.desktop , .desktop - means a launcher that ubuntu will recognize that it is a SCRIPT
-then close all your text-editor/gedit
-Right click to your NAME.desktop, and click PROPERTIES and click the PERMISSION tab, after that CHECK the ALLOW EXECUTE PROGRAM
-If you want to create more than one(1) launcher, then just duplicate the NAME.desktop that we created and open your text-editor and drag the NAME.desktop inside the text-editor, to edit the text inside.

Hope that this guide will help you in running MULTIPLE BOT using Ubuntu Linux, and I hope that this guide will sticky to this Tips and Tricks, because some linux users are not that familiar to use a BASH CODES, thank you.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

Re: [Guide] Ubuntu Linux - Multiple Openkore.pl to your Terminal

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

I guess it can be done with "create launcher" (or launcher properties) gui, too.

daison3
Human
Human

#3 Post by daison3 »

yeah your guess is correct, however, the 11.04Ubuntu has the new features where in it can GROUP the terminal using this kind of file and adding a duplicate inside, and if others wants to add that features they can add it, also using a .desktop, they can make the terminal with TAB features, or to automate a ONE TIME LAUNCHING..I created this so that they might not confuse if they want to search some gnome-terminal parameters...

and I guess it is not reliable to create a tutorial using the shortcut way, might be a sort of problem if they might not be understand how the shortcut way is, and its also important to learn basic bashing hehe...

d3l4croix
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by d3l4croix »

bump old topic

how bout different configuration file?

if i do like this, its work. 2 bot using 1 openkore folder. both using different config file.
Exec=gnome-terminal --working-directory=/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/ --command=perl\ openkore.pl\ --control=config/config1.txt

but if i do like this, the shortcut just wont execute
Exec=gnome-terminal --working-directory=/home/USERNAME/Desktop/Openkore\ Folder/ --command=perl\ openkore.pl\ --control=config/config1.txt --shop=config/shop1.txt

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

You haven't escaped the last space.

d3l4croix
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by d3l4croix »

EternalHarvest wrote:You haven't escaped the last space.
sorry, but what this mean?

flashdbest
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#7 Post by flashdbest »

d3l4croix wrote:
EternalHarvest wrote:You haven't escaped the last space.
sorry, but what this mean?
he meant this : --control=config/config1.txt\ --shop=config/shop1.txt

Hi,
I noticed that you have this line : Terminal=false

is there any way i could turn this true / false when my bots are already running? so I could check? :P

ptcarino
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#8 Post by ptcarino »

i'm trying to run this on Ubuntu 12.10 with no avail. Terminal shows up then quickly disappears.

any suggestions?

jujujuju
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by jujujuju »

very usefull tutorial. thanks a lot.

but i want to ask. why is macro plugin can't running? every i start openkore.pl, the terminal says "Cannot load control file macros.txt"
:D