better monster avoidance

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

AnonymousUrMother
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

better monster avoidance

#1 Post by AnonymousUrMother »

Could the code be modified so that the random route is checked against the mon_control.txt file and if any there are any monsters in the file with teleport properties in the way of the bot(for example Geographer 1 -5 0) a new route is calculated?

example: bot calculated random route to X=190, Y=30, check the names of monsters on the screen,
if no monsters with the names fitting mon_control.txt are found continue routing
elseif monsters on screen name = monster name with value 1 in the mon_control.txt then
start checking your location and mosnters location
if monster location- you location is 5 or closer (per mon_control file) then teleport
else continue routing
end if

the reason im asking this is because i am botting Geographers at the moment and even thou i have set the teleport -5 for them, i still get attacked by them even thou there is no way that their range is over 5 squares, so i presume that this happens during routing??

if im wrong sorry

AnonymousUrMother
Noob
Noob

Re: better monster avoidance

#2 Post by AnonymousUrMother »

what i've noticed is that the initial routing works good BUT if there are more then 1 monster on the screen AND the monster (0) is dropped and new route is calculated, the monster distance teleport from mon_control.txt is not checked again, and if i walk into monster (1) i die. (so copy pasting the distance check into mid of code for routing should fix the issue...kinda?)

so i guess what i want to say is that , could i request a fix for this?
ill look @ the open source code on weekends myself, but mayb some1 gets to this prior to me, ty!

AnonymousUrMother
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by AnonymousUrMother »

that actually happens only after DROPPING a target, def need to add a check somewhere there

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

Looks like teleport from mon_control is checked in every AI iteration if $AI=2 (ai auto), in AI::CoreLogic::processAutoTeleport - so these issues are strange.

Feature to calculate/tweak a route based on monsters on the screen would be good.