can openkore use a LUA interpreter?

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

WoC
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

can openkore use a LUA interpreter?

#1 Post by WoC »

My problem is too simple: is very easy to identify a homunculus that is running trough openkore.

first of all, unless the player or homunc moves, both stays on the same cell.

the attack of homunculus works very weird (on my house, he hits 1 time for each 10 seconds +-)

so, i guess if there's a way to make openkore read LUA files to use the oficial ragnarok client AI. This could be used to mercenary sytem too.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: can openkore use a LUA interpreter?

#2 Post by Bibian »

you forget that the homun AI in RO client runs in a seperate thread and kore runs everything in 1 thread...
so using LUA wont help, also the RO client has build in rules that kore doesnt have, so no we wont be implementing LUA

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#3 Post by sli »

Plus it would be a total bitch implementing LUA in Perl (or even just running LUA through a pipe or something). There needs to be a homunculus control plugin sometime soon.
cs : ee : realist

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by kLabMouse »

WoC wrote:My problem is too simple: is very easy to identify a homunculus that is running trough openkore.

first of all, unless the player or homunc moves, both stays on the same cell.

the attack of homunculus works very weird (on my house, he hits 1 time for each 10 seconds +-)

so, i guess if there's a way to make openkore read LUA files to use the oficial ragnarok client AI. This could be used to mercenary sytem too.
Totally. Agree.
Well. There is a Way to use LUA by Perl.
I'm currently trying to Implement the OpenKore 2.1/3.0 Sample AI Module. That will use Exclusively RO Client Homunculus/Mercenary LUA code.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#5 Post by sli »

Speaking of threads (since we were discussing it the other day), here's my tested and working thread code for my aimControl plugin. I've removed the non-relevant code.

Code: Select all

use threads;

my $hooks = Plugins::addHook('start3', \&onLoad);

sub onLoad {
	my $thread = threads->create('threadWrapper');
}

sub threadWrapper {
	# ... whatever code here ...
}
cs : ee : realist