Packet Parser|Tokenizer (unknown/unsupported packets)

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderators: Moderators, Developers

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity
Noob?: No

Re: Packet Parser|Tokenizer (unknown/unsupported packets)

#211 Post by Kaspy »

You tried to rely on emulators as brAthena or rAthena? It's great to see how they treat the packets in order to be based.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#212 Post by Dark Airnel »

Before they changed everything, the server greets players with the SVN version of rAthena every time a player log in. It is not doing that anymore so I could no longer tell if it is still rAthena or something else. Is there a way to determine what kind of emulator was it?

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity

#213 Post by Kaspy »

I believe that to determine what the emulaor not make much difference, because they need to suit the client.

Looking at the source rAthena, I realized that the structure of the package that you built this seems wrong, and this is a change of 06/18/2012, Maybe that is why you have not experienced this problem anteriorly.

Code: Select all

/// Notifies clients of a status change.
/// 0196 <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B (ZC_MSG_STATE_CHANGE) [used for ending status changes and starting them on non-pc units (when needed)]
/// 043f <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (ZC_MSG_STATE_CHANGE2) [used exclusively for starting statuses on pcs]
/// 08ff <id>.L <index>.W <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3  (PACKETVER >= 20111108)
/// 0983 <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <total msec>.L <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (PACKETVER >= 20120618)
/// 0984 <id>.L <index>.W <total msec>.L <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (PACKETVER >= 20120618)

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#214 Post by Dark Airnel »

Yeah what I did does not really fit on the server. As I have said I just patterned it to an old receive.pm that basically does the same function. In this case since it seems that the unpacking/packing or whatever the right term is, is incorrect:

/// Notifies clients of a status change.
/// 0196 <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B (ZC_MSG_STATE_CHANGE) [used for ending status changes and starting them on non-pc units (when needed)]
/// 043f <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (ZC_MSG_STATE_CHANGE2) [used exclusively for starting statuses on pcs]
/// 08ff <id>.L <index>.W <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3  (PACKETVER >= 20111108)
/// 0983 <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <total msec>.L <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (PACKETVER >= 20120618)
/// 0984 <id>.L <index>.W <total msec>.L <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (PACKETVER >= 20120618)

/// 043f <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (ZC_MSG_STATE_CHANGE2) [used exclusively for starting statuses on pcs] - This is based on the pattern I used

/// 0983 <index>.W <id>.L <state>.B <total msec>.L <remain msec>.L { <val>.L }*3 (PACKETVER >= 20120618) - This is what's being used on that particular server.
Does that mean if I changed something on this one:

'0983' => ['actor_status_active', 'v a4 C V4', [qw(type ID flag tick unknown1 unknown2 unknown3)]], # 25 personal modification
I will be able to get the correct one. I am sorry I do not know much about programming. All what I am using so far is common sense, a large amount of luck and some perl tutorials that I can understand.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#215 Post by Dark Airnel »

It seems that this is not about the 0983 (043F) but with the skill_post_delay (043D).

This is what I observed from the packets received by Kore:

This is an information from another server (rathena emulator) and the server type RagexeRE_2012_04_10a works well with it:

<< Received packet:      043D [8 bytes]   May 22 15:39:16 2013
  0>  3D 04 BD 09 E8 03 00 00                               =.......
[May 22 15:39:16 2013.41] You are now: Sling ItemDelay (Duration: 1s)
3D 04 -> Packet head whatever
BD 09 -> Skill ID (2493 aka Sling Item)
E8 03 -> Duration (1000ms)

This is what I get from the server I am playing on:

<< Received packet:      043D [8 bytes]   May 22 10:19:37 2013
  0>  3D 04 59 05 E8 03 00 00                               =.Y.....
[May 22 10:19:37 2013.30] You are now: Unknown 1369Delay (Duration: 1s)
3D 04 -> Packet head whatever
59 05 -> Should be skill ID but value is 1369 - there is no such skill ID
E8 03 -> Duration (1000ms)

This explains why it reports in console "You are now: Unknown 1369Delay (Duration: 1s)"
I am thinking now that the issue is on the server side sending a certain number not pertaining to a skill ID.

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity

#216 Post by Kaspy »

Very strange... Please do the following test: Run a character running on the official client and another in OpenKore simultaneously. Conjugate the skill and compare if the same package is well received in both, or not. Just check the status effect and that displays when a skill is conjugate.

Tell the test here. If not sure, is problem reading the package in OpenKore or sending server information - in both cases, do not know how to proceed.

Dark Airnel
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#217 Post by Dark Airnel »

The server finally decided to change their settings again. They are now using a new executable so I will no longer be able to provide additional information about this. Should I encounter similar issues in the future I will share it to the community.

holyshizniz
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#218 Post by holyshizniz »

Anyone know how to fix Packet Parser: Unknown switch: 00A9?

It has something to do with equipping an item, especially in renewal servers, since the packets for equipping have been changed.

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity

#219 Post by Kaspy »

holyshizniz wrote:Anyone know how to fix Packet Parser: Unknown switch: 00A9?

It has something to do with equipping an item, especially in renewal servers, since the packets for equipping have been changed.
Which server? Sure you are using the correct information in the servers.txt?
Dark Airnel wrote:The server finally decided to change their settings again. They are now using a new executable so I will no longer be able to provide additional information about this. Should I encounter similar issues in the future I will share it to the community.
Right. In any situation, communicate.

KuroNekoII
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#220 Post by KuroNekoII »

server: tRO (offical) (Angeling)

serverType used:
[Free life server (Angeling(New)]
ip 103.4.156.241
port 6900
master_version 7
version 24
serverType tRO
secureLogin 3
secureLogin_type 0
secureLogin_account 0
serverEncoding Thai
addTableFolders tRO

kore version(svn revision is preferred): trunk

packetswitch(es) :
type of warning:
Packet Parser: Unknown Switch: 044A
Packet Parser: Unknown Switch: 08C9
Packet Parser: Unknown Switch: 08CA
Packet Tokenizer: Unknown switch: 0000

Last edited by KuroNekoII on 25 May 2013, 15:34, edited 2 times in total.