International

Moderator: Moderators

meaculpa
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

Ninja Configuration

#1 Post by meaculpa »

I've been fooling around with the config and mosnter list files on my Ninja just to get a handle on how these things work and so far it's been working pretty damn near perfectly. The only issue I'm having is that my Ninja is both a melee and a magic using character and I can't figure out how to specify for him to not melee a specific monster.

As an example, I dropped him on gef_fild01 where there are Rhoda Frogs, Toads, Green Plants, and Poporings. He will melee attack the Rhoda's and Plants and disconnect when a Toad appears just like he;s supposed to/ The problem is that I don't want him to melee attack the Poporings but he's doing it anyway. I set him up to use Flaming Petals 7 on the Poporings but he never bothers.

Is there a way to make sure he always uses that skill on them and never attacks directly?
Is the issue possibly because the skill names in the skill list file is different?

On another note, is there a way to make him run away from the Toad instead of disconnecting?

blunderbore
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Re: Ninja Configuration

#2 Post by blunderbore »

Code: Select all

attackSkillSlot Flaming petals {
	lvl 7

>>>dist 7

maxCastTime 0
	minCastTime 0
	hp
	sp > 10%
	homunculus_hp
	homunculus_sp
	homunculus_dead
	onAction
	whenStatusActive
	whenStatusInactive
	whenFollowing
	spirit
	aggressives
	previousDamage
	stopWhenHit 0
	inLockOnly 0
	notInTown 0
	timeout 0
	disabled 0

>>>monsters Poporing

notMonsters
	maxAttempts 0
	maxUses 0
	target_whenStatusActive
	target_whenStatusInactive
	target_deltaHp
	inInventory
	isSelfSkill 0

manualAI 0
}
Try making the following changes.
Make sure you also change distance flag dist as shown in code.
Ex-inRO Player™

meaculpa
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#3 Post by meaculpa »

Hey, thanks!

I used the changes you made, but still wasn't working at first. I then used the openkore window to look up my skills and determined that Flaming Petals is known as "Kouenka" to OpenKore. Once I replaced that name it began working perfectly.

blunderbore
Human
Human

#4 Post by blunderbore »

/no1
and congrats! :-)
Ex-inRO Player™

theos
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by theos »

meaculpa wrote:I've been fooling around with the config and mosnter list files on my Ninja just to get a handle on how these things work and so far it's been working pretty damn near perfectly. The only issue I'm having is that my Ninja is both a melee and a magic using character and I can't figure out how to specify for him to not melee a specific monster.

As an example, I dropped him on gef_fild01 where there are Rhoda Frogs, Toads, Green Plants, and Poporings. He will melee attack the Rhoda's and Plants and disconnect when a Toad appears just like he;s supposed to/ The problem is that I don't want him to melee attack the Poporings but he's doing it anyway. I set him up to use Flaming Petals 7 on the Poporings but he never bothers.

Is there a way to make sure he always uses that skill on them and never attacks directly?
Is the issue possibly because the skill names in the skill list file is different?

On another note, is there a way to make him run away from the Toad instead of disconnecting?
I'm just finding it out on how to have a ninja configuration too :(