International

Moderator: Moderators

maxkiller
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Keep a look out in iRO Valkyrie server!

#1 Post by maxkiller »

As i was looking at the openkore program i had a message coming from a player ... or was it?? :? Imagethen i answered backImageand the last message was :lol:Imageas you can tell it was not a Player but a GM undercover by the name ::Kad:: lol or so once i did talk back they didnt do anything this was just lucky i guess so people on this server please do keep a look out and check your bot time to time do not leave it there on without you looking to check everything is ok .. so good luck 8-)

-seems like the screenshots won't show up??-

well this is what the photos show

well the 1st pic shows just a player/GM using the name ::Kad::
and messaging me saying you're such a nice pet^^

2nd pic shows just me saying what did you just call me lol

and the last one is the GM telling me - it means you answered and don't have to worry
then messages me again saying Thanks for your cooperation.
Last edited by maxkiller on 19 Jan 2009, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

Marruche-neko
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: Keep a look out in iRO Valkyrie server!

#2 Post by Marruche-neko »

Well, I think lately they're using both GM and player accounts. I was pmed like that too one time while doing cocos with a tk army. Also, sometimes they let some bots hunting common loot alive until they track who do they usually trade or transfer to. It happened when I had many bots on the same map. I got pmed, and stopped botting that bot army. Few days later tried and everyone could log normally in. Few days later logged to empty them. Then, few hours AFTER emptying the accounts, all those were banned togheter with the merch who recieved evrything. I'd take care to trade for a bit longer, I guess.

maxkiller
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by maxkiller »

im sure they won't be using the same name and character all the time but yeah i think it was a normal account just to get info of a user 1st then report it and then enter a GM account and ban :geek:

Oki Doki
Human
Human

#4 Post by Oki Doki »

::Kad:: is normal player, he/she simply reported you.
http://ropd.somatika.net/?s=4&name=%3A% ... el&dir=asc

blunderbore
Human
Human

#5 Post by blunderbore »

Usually GMs have a specific character (the white dressed, yellow named one) which has got a permanent character ID. This ID, when listed in avoid.txt in your Kore folder, you can set your bot to dc when that character is nearby, or even on the map.

To counter this, GMs do make normal characters which can just behave like just another player to check if someone is botting. This could one of those situations.. Or really some player who is still fed up of people botting all the time and just taking out frustration by reporting every other player who he finds and didn't reply to his PMs..

In either case, Good Luck for not getting your bot banned :-D

- BlunderBore.
Ex-inRO Player™

Oki Doki
Human
Human

#6 Post by Oki Doki »

^iRO GM WILL ban you instantly if your bot d/c on sight of them, why would they bother checking with another char? its inefficient.

samm
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by samm »

I've just had one of my bots banned, got reported by a person called Agnes

[Jan 21 13:44:39 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : hi
[Jan 21 13:45:17 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : bot
[Jan 21 13:45:24 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : ur a bot :D
[Jan 21 13:48:24 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : hi
[Jan 21 13:48:34 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : hello?
[Jan 21 13:49:24 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : you are acting weird, if you dont answer i will report you
[Jan 21 13:49:27 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : 3
[Jan 21 13:49:28 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : 2
[Jan 21 13:49:29 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : 1
[Jan 21 13:49:34 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : no answer?
[Jan 21 13:49:39 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : ok
[Jan 21 14:02:26 2009][PM] (From: Agnes) : hi

Bear in mind i'm GMT + 12, this was during WoE today.

Don't know if this helps or not.

megumi
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by megumi »

Marruche-neko wrote:Well, I think lately they're using both GM and player accounts. I was pmed like that too one time while doing cocos with a tk army. Also, sometimes they let some bots hunting common loot alive until they track who do they usually trade or transfer to. It happened when I had many bots on the same map. I got pmed, and stopped botting that bot army. Few days later tried and everyone could log normally in. Few days later logged to empty them. Then, few hours AFTER emptying the accounts, all those were banned togheter with the merch who recieved evrything. I'd take care to trade for a bit longer, I guess.
That scares me alot.
I don't bot armies,
just about 4 characters, but they all have ties to my mains D:
trading wise atleast.

madddd
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by madddd »

hi guys, i used to bot in this server, just 2 bots to be specific. then one day, i forgot to turn off my bots, and i think it was a maintenance day, then poof, i cant login anymore. i cant even access iRO's homepage. i guess this means i got banned. is there still a way to continue playing here?

Makubex
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by Makubex »

And if you're going to do a "Bot Army" stop putting them names like: addjdugfkl, gfhdgsw, and stuff like that, it looks so stupid and will be obvious that it is a bot (a lot of Rogues have names like that :S)