Rich featured OpenKore frontend/GUI

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

botlah
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: Rich featured OpenKore frontend/GUI

#21 Post by botlah »

Well extending onto and from the save profile suggestion.

What about Tabs? So we can run multiple bots with the same frontend application, just starting a new tab for each bot. Similar to opening two psd's at the same time in photoshop for example but more like your browsers tabbed feature.

Another suggestion is a feature like the new battle log chat system ingame (is it still new anymore? ). Where you can disable battle messages/guild/party/pm's as you wish. Ofcourse a openkore extention could allow a lot more options such as the existing domains skills, info, etc.

My last suggestion comes down to the only reason I would use a GUI over the existing console. That would be a more secure botting time, with by secure I mean the nearest alternative to running your bot in xkore.

Such features that could provide them would be
Ability to view nearby players location/class/possible headgears?
Ability to cast skills on a suspect bot-hunter/player requesting a skill
Ability to clearly see Party/Guild/Deal requests, even if they were blocked/rejected.
- Other/ Easier ways to respond/reply to bot-hunters "tests" that I can't think of right now.

I'm not sure how feasable all these features are but they are just the reason(s) why I would possibly use a GUI rather than the resource saving console.

azara
Noob
Noob

#22 Post by azara »

Sounds like a fun project. I really like the idea. If your interested in development help let me know. But contact me via email, cause I rarely browse these forums anymore.
Yes. I own Kore-RO. Join Kore-RO http://www.kore-ro.com/
No. I don't read my PMs.

Mur
Noob
Noob

#23 Post by Mur »

If you need someone to help test or give ideas on how to make it better just msg me. I love the idea of making the interface better and i good with ideas and making things look good.

Good Luck ^^

Franz
Noob
Noob

#24 Post by Franz »

I've always dreamed on working on that. I doubt I could be of some help, though, I've had some big ideas!

Well, my suggestion is: you could make a wizard for configuring the bot, with an integrated database.
What I mean:
  1. User chooses a map he wants to bot on.
  2. Every monster from that map is shown.
  3. You get to configure skills and behiavours for each monster, and configure item drops.
And there, all four main config files.

Something else is a "context menu": When you roll your mouse over something (a player, NPC, or monster) you would get to see it's main info.
E.G: You roll your mouse over a monster, and you get to see it's remaining HP (client-side), coords, ID, etc. You roll your mouse over a NPC, and you get it's description. You roll your mouse over a player, and you get to see it's class, level, hairstyle.
It'd also be good that you could configure the info that would be shown on these things.

And, from a copyright point of view, and using a GUI, you shouldn't be able to use the Ragnarok's graphics for everything. Well, everybody uses them on sigs and avatars, but making a GUI for a client using them... I don't think so...
I had thought on making layer-based map replacements, and custom characters and monsters. Talk about a big hassle!

Another concern is compatibility. Sure OK gets constantly updated and new features are added, and the stand-alone program should be able to keep at it! Unless you did all the updating yourself, It'd help for it to be open-source. But keeping up on all that...!

Even though I can't understand the code, I know It'll be better on open-source.
Good luck and my best wishes! :D

darkfate
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#25 Post by darkfate »

Wow guys thanks a lot. Now I have enough ideas to begin with a first release.
Keep it up, just write down every idea and wishes you have, still sorted by priority of course.

Everyone who sent me a private message or offered help, I appreciate you willing to help but that will probably be easier after I have a codebase/pre-alpha release.

I opened a project on SourceForge named "NovaKore".
I chose "Nova" as prefix because it means modern/new in latin and sounds a lot better than ModernKore :P
You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
- Mark Rippetoe

azara
Noob
Noob

#26 Post by azara »

Is there a status update to this project?
Yes. I own Kore-RO. Join Kore-RO http://www.kore-ro.com/
No. I don't read my PMs.

Kafka
Human
Human

#27 Post by Kafka »

1. Seperate Chat and Battle logs into two seperate windows so that any chat that comes through doesn't get swallowed up among all the MONSTER GEOGRAPHER ATTACKS YOU spam. I like being able to see the damage I'm dealing and the damage that's being dealt to me but it's hard to filter the chat out of all of this so you don't really know if someone is talking to you or if you do notice it, it's hard to keep up sometimes.

2. Disaply all relevant information in real time in regards to the bot status and exp report. So save a part of the window to always disaply the bots HP/SP/Base Exp/Job Exp/Zeny/Weight, and also display things like Botting Time/Exp per Hour/Zeny per Hour/Number of times Died etc...

...If Possible.
You're not going to try and tell me you think you can diddle your way out of a criminal charge with an adding machine!

andy12345
Moderators
Moderators

#28 Post by andy12345 »

Kafka wrote:1. Seperate Chat and Battle logs into two seperate windows so that any chat that comes through doesn't get swallowed up among all the MONSTER GEOGRAPHER ATTACKS YOU spam. I like being able to see the damage I'm dealing and the damage that's being dealt to me but it's hard to filter the chat out of all of this so you don't really know if someone is talking to you or if you do notice it, it's hard to keep up sometimes.

2. Disaply all relevant information in real time in regards to the bot status and exp report. So save a part of the window to always disaply the bots HP/SP/Base Exp/Job Exp/Zeny/Weight, and also display things like Botting Time/Exp per Hour/Zeny per Hour/Number of times Died etc...

...If Possible.
I guess thats there in the wxstart.exe

Kafka
Human
Human

#29 Post by Kafka »

andy12345 wrote:
Kafka wrote:1. Seperate Chat and Battle logs into two seperate windows so that any chat that comes through doesn't get swallowed up among all the MONSTER GEOGRAPHER ATTACKS YOU spam. I like being able to see the damage I'm dealing and the damage that's being dealt to me but it's hard to filter the chat out of all of this so you don't really know if someone is talking to you or if you do notice it, it's hard to keep up sometimes.

...If Possible.
I guess thats there in the wxstart.exe
Yeah but just because it's in another front end program doesn't mean dafkfate will immediately think to use it.
You're not going to try and tell me you think you can diddle your way out of a criminal charge with an adding machine!

jadjad
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#30 Post by jadjad »

1 year has past... any updates to this? i'd love to see a working GUI ;)
this will lessen the noobs trying to ask how to do this and how to do that XD