Plugins in other languages (Python, Ruby, C, etc)

Other plugins for extending OpenKore's functionality. This forum is only for posting new plugins and commenting on existing plugins. For support, use the Support forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Plugins in other languages (Python, Ruby, C, etc)

#1 Post by sli »

Completely possible. I'm working on a simpler interface for it, but at the moment if anyone wants to write plugins in other languages, just use the Inline family of Perl modules (Inline::C, Inline::Python, Inline::Ruby, etc etc).
cs : ee : realist

Kissa2k
Human
Human

Re: Plugins in other languages (Python, Ruby, C, etc)

#2 Post by Kissa2k »

Also you can take code which depend on performance to dll module.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#3 Post by sli »

Actually, I was thinking about that the other day. I'd like to see someone implement an OpenKore plugin in pure C. The thing is there would probably need to be a Perl plugin to wrap the C plugins as OpenKore doesn't natively support XS Perl modules (outside XSTools, which has special code written specifically for loading and using it).

iamanoob
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#4 Post by iamanoob »

is C faster than perl?
http://www.openkore.com/wiki/index.php/ ... g_language

i like plugin's in C...
but i dont know the limitations of C from perl
since im not good at C and also perl XD
DARKest Ninja

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#5 Post by sli »

C is much faster, but I doubt so when run using Inline.

ryan22
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by ryan22 »

Hello,

I have an application, written in Python, which is utilized by a genuinely specialized gathering of people (researchers).

I'm searching for a decent method to make the application extensible by the clients, for example a scripting/plugin architecture.

I am searching for something amazingly lightweight. Most contents, or plugins, are not going to be produced and disseminated by an outsider and introduced, yet will be something prepared by a client shortly to mechanize a rehashing errand, include support for a record design, and so on. So plugins ought to have absolute minimum boilerplate code, and require no 'installation' other than copying to a folder (so something like setuptools entry points, or the Zope plugin architecture seems like too much.)

Are there any frameworks like this officially out there, or any tasks that implement a similar scheme that I should look at for ideas / inspiration?