Can't extract bRO packet

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sugoi
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Can't extract bRO packet

#1 Post by Sugoi »

Hi!

The subject says everything, already tried with rotools, packet lenght extractor and jvc 1.0.35, someone told me that there is a 1.0.38 version of jvc extractor, but i didnt found it.

Here the bRO's exe: http://rapidshare.com/files/370553458/Ragexe.rar.html

Sugoi
Noob
Noob

Re: Can't extract bRO packet

#2 Post by Sugoi »

Job is done with RL!dePacker, the exe was encrypted with Asprotect and this unpacker did the job.

Unpack + extractor and everything is done.

midnytblu
Developers
Developers

#3 Post by midnytblu »

Sugoi wrote:Job is done with RL!dePacker, the exe was encrypted with Asprotect and this unpacker did the job.

hi, can't seem to make RL!dePacker with the compressed exe. have you done any extra settings?
each time you press Unpack, an error window appears (like it's trying to execute the exe file). afterwards, it just says 'unable to unpack the exe'.

tia.

Sugoi
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by Sugoi »

midnytblu wrote:
Sugoi wrote:Job is done with RL!dePacker, the exe was encrypted with Asprotect and this unpacker did the job.

hi, can't seem to make RL!dePacker with the compressed exe. have you done any extra settings?
each time you press Unpack, an error window appears (like it's trying to execute the exe file). afterwards, it just says 'unable to unpack the exe'.

tia.
Just click unpack. But this program didnt work on one of my pcs, i got a lot of dll errors, and even after installing all of then i couldnt extract at all.

midnytblu
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by midnytblu »

i see thanks.
you actually have to unpack the exe inside the RO folder for the DLL problems to go away.

we have the same situation in pRO (http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8695).
i'm just quite interested because you claimed that you could extract the packets after using RL!dePacker. the extractor we used for pRO won't let you extract packets so i was hoping this could shed some light ;)

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by kLabMouse »

midnytblu wrote:i see thanks.
you actually have to unpack the exe inside the RO folder for the DLL problems to go away.

we have the same situation in pRO (http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8695).
i'm just quite interested because you claimed that you could extract the packets after using RL!dePacker. the extractor we used for pRO won't let you extract packets so i was hoping this could shed some light ;)
MM?? It was not reported there.
Anyway, sometimes you can try to create recv packet list by hand. It's really easy.

midnytblu
Developers
Developers

#7 Post by midnytblu »

hi klab,

yes, i failed to report it coz i was using the free server's recvpackets. it works quite well. :D

and apparently, even though this unpacker says that it 'failed to unpack', it did unpack the exe. and i was able to extract recvpackets from it (although the exe, for some reason, can not run the game).

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by kLabMouse »

midnytblu wrote:although the exe, for some reason, can not run the game.
Oh. That's simple. Some unpackers cannot restore original structure.
That's why you can't run the .exe

Illusion
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#9 Post by Illusion »

It seems that the packer's signature on the file reported by PEiD is inconsistent. It always reports ASProtect 1.23 RC4, but i think the packer is misleading the tool, so some original entries might be indeed corrupted after we unpack it...

Back at home, i used rl!depacker to rebuild the original exe, and it worked partially... although i can extract packets now, i'm unable to run the unpacked exe.

Maybe i'll try to write a custom unpacker later based on TitanEngine. If i suceed, i'll let you know. :)

http://www.reversinglabs.com/products/TitanEngine.php

PS: ah sorry, my old account (in the old forum) seems to be lost by now. ^^