OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Message
Author
Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators
Posts: 801
Joined: 06 May 2008, 12:47
Noob?: No

OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#1 Post by Technology »

For all tasks, post a patch here (or make a branch) so it can get tested and audited.
Please, don't put any such disruptive changes in trunk, thank you!
For new/aspiring developers, try to pick away at a Low Hanging Fruit task they are not less important, as most are the basis for harder tasks.

LHF tasks
task: Rip out all numbered ServerTypes and code that relies on $serverType == 1,2,...
difficulty: easy
effort: low
priority: high

task: Refactor packethandler code that is duplicated in ServerType0.pm and Sakexe_0.pm to Receive.pm
difficulty: medium
effort: high (but progress can be made in little chunks at a time)
priority: high

Insane tasks (j/k?)
task: Refactor AI logic code & Environment altering code out of Network
task: Kill off the use of global variables

please add more tasks.
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

ever_boy_
Developers
Developers
Posts: 309
Joined: 06 Jul 2012, 13:44
Noob?: No

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#2 Post by ever_boy_ »

Technology wrote: LHF tasks
task: Rip out all numbered ServerTypes and code that relies on $serverType == 1,2,...
difficulty: easy
effort: low
priority: high
If you give me more details on how this is done, I can try something out once I see how it works.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Posts: 1800
Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 05:42
Noob?: Yes

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#3 Post by EternalHarvest »

Related:

We already have a page for roadmap, unfinished tasks and feature requests all linked from openkore.com.

Maybe we should keep a topic per task there (in dev's corner) or in some bugtracker.

daggerblade
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Posts: 60
Joined: 06 Jun 2010, 22:08
Noob?: No

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#4 Post by daggerblade »

Technology wrote:
task: Refactor packethandler code that is duplicated in ServerType0.pm and Sakexe_0.pm to Receive.pm
difficulty: medium
effort: high (but progress can be made in little chunks at a time)
priority: high
Well, if its something of medium difficulty that can be taught, then we can follow the instructions later, even if takes time and a high effort, i might give it a try.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1301
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 12:02

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#5 Post by kLabMouse »

My View on This is a little bit Different.
1) Implement basic Event Queue and it's basic handlers.
2) Make "Network" send there, and "AI" to parse some of them.
3) Add Ability for Tasks to communicate with AI using (1)
4) Implement basic Tasks for Basic Actions
5) Rewrite "Environment" to allow call actions on Objects
6) Implement More advanced Tasks for Advanced Actions
7) Split AI to little pieces.
8) Convert AI leftovers to AI Modules (Like Task System, but with concurrency).
:ugeek:

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Posts: 1800
Joined: 05 Dec 2008, 05:42
Noob?: Yes

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#6 Post by EternalHarvest »

kLabMouse wrote: Convert AI leftovers to AI Modules (Like Task System, but with concurrency).
Aren't tasks in task manager (not in legacy AI queue) already concurrent?

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1301
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 12:02

Re: OpenKore ROADMAP (tasks)

#7 Post by kLabMouse »

EternalHarvest wrote:
kLabMouse wrote: Convert AI leftovers to AI Modules (Like Task System, but with concurrency).
Aren't tasks in task manager (not in legacy AI queue) already concurrent?
They have "Blocking" Mechanism.
But Yes. Pretty the same.

Post Reply